Any other mother out there knows that it is difficult to put into words what it's like to be a mother! Don't get me wrong there are those stressful and difficult days but the joy that comes over me when one of the kids runs to me out of the blue and wraps their arms around me far out way those hard days! I'm lucky enough to experience "Mother's Day" on a regular basis with such incredible children and the most supportive, understanding and caring husband a woman could wish for. Although it is nice to get a little extra pampering one day a year!!
My Mother's Day weekend started off on Friday with a scrumptious chocolate dipped fruit arrangement delivered from my amazing parents! Just what I needed after dinner that night! On Sunday Joe "let me" sleep in until 8:00 while he took the kids to Starbucks and returned home with a chai tea and croissant for me! While I chowed down on that I tearfully watched a slide show that they had created using a poem and pictures of me with the children. I then got to enjoy a nice soothing bath with NO INTERRUPTIONS...that probably won't happen again! By the time I had finished with my bath, Joe had already dressed the crew and we headed out the door for a nice drive to a great little town called Rhinebeck. There's a ton of quaint little shops, a Farmer's Market and beautiful scenery throughout.
 |
| Almost Mommy to FOUR...hard to believe! |
To make the most of the beautiful day, on the way we stopped off at this super cute little grill called The Matchbox. By far the most amazing BLT, Grilled Cheese and Chili Hot Dog we've every had! If you ever drive out to Rhinebeck it's a must stop for lunch or dinner! Everything is homemade including the fries and chips! The nicest owners as well!
 |
| Joe with the trio |
 |
| A rare family picture...check out Brayden's cute new "bashful" face |
On the way home we got to stop at the new and ONLY Tropical Smoothie in the area (a Virginia Beach favorite) so I could indulge and pretend that I was at the beach again drinking my favorite Hawaiian Breeze Smoothie! To finish off the day Joe's family gave me a beautiful glass serving platter set (which I'm always lacking)...and Joe did bath night for me!!
I couldn't have asked for a better weekend, children or hubby to spend it with! Thanks to all of my "Mommy Friends" out there who inspire me everyday to be the best Mommy I can be as well as to my beautiful Mom herself!!!
LOVE! You surely deserve it. I know it's not always perfect, but it's clear that your family is so close, so loving and together you and your hubby manage to conquer the world with triplets, two dogs and a bonus baby! WOW! You inspire ME
ReplyDeleteTara...you always have the kindest things to say...thank you! I hope that you can meet the trio one day soon!
ReplyDelete