Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Ride!

So sorry I haven't blogged in a long time.  It's been a little hectic in our household lately!  Unfortunately, the entire family including myself came down with an awful stomach bug that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.  Ava started it, followed with myself and Brayden and then Gavin in the middle of the night, finishing off with Joe two days later.  It was not a pretty scene as Joe and I were trying to clean up vomit off the kids bedroom floor holding a flashlight so we didn't wake them up and then trying to Lysol everything to get rid of the sickness!  Thank goodness it's gone and now we're just battled a few sniffles due to allergies.  We have so much going on in the next few weeks that I can only pray that we stay well! 

To start off the craziness, this weekend I'm officially having my launch party as a new stylist for Stella and Dot.  They're a phenomenal company with beautiful jewelry.  If you're interested in hosting a trunk show, catalog show or ordering from my website feel free (www.stelladot.com/gaylaluchetta)!  Here's a sneak peak at some things!





On another note: We were able to find a daycare center that was willing to buy our triple stroller so we could invest in our new ride...a QUAD STROLLER!  We found a great deal on the Foundations Quad through Amazon so decided to go ahead and do it. I have to admit I miss the triple...it's wheels were much easier to maneuver on these hills and though it was wider it was easier to fold up.  The new quad stroller is easier to fit through doorways though so it makes it easier for me to go places on my own now! 
We were sad to say goodbye...
Lots of Memories!
But excited about the adventures to come...

The next big adventure to look forward to next week is the kids starting "school".  We've decided to enroll them in the Child Development Center on post for three hours every Thursday morning to socialize them a little more (and give myself a bit of a break).  Their first day is the 17th so I'll be sure to blog during my "free hours"!

4 comments:

  1. oh man Gayla, I'm glad y'all are on the mend. When Garrett was deployed the kiddos and I came down with the stomach flu after traveling {first Gavin and then Kayla & I} and it truly was THE worst! Anyways, cool stroller! And good luck with your business endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question about the Quad Stroller. I have a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a 5 month old and am pregnant. I was looking at the FOundations LX quad as the weight limits are a little higher (My kids are already 41 and 35 pounds and tall for their age so this one gives a little wider seat and longer leg room)

    My question is: Can you use this stroller when you are by yourself. I go to the Zoo and amusement parks alot without my husband. I know it's going to be heavy, that doesn't bother me. But Can I use it with a new born? Were you able to get a car seat adapter for your baby or does the rear seat recline all the way down? These types of things I need to know, but very few people own these to ask!

    Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly preferred my triple stroller but the quad works well for our situation. I was in the same situation in which I needed something that could fit a carseat. We actually took the stroller to Babies R Us and tried out all of the carseats int he BACK spot of the stroller. You can recline it and the carseat fits nice and snug in the spot. We thought we would need an adaptor or straps but it fits fine. And I live up in NY with lots of hills and I've never worried about it shifting around. We went with the Britax carseat (which is bigger than most). I have my other girl, who is the biggest, sitting in the other back seat and she still has a good amount of leg room. The boys sit in the front and fit fine. The only thing that doesn't work is the canopy. Since Ava is pretty tall when we put the canopy over her it rests right on her head. It is quite heavy but I have done fine loading and unloading it myself. I hope I answered your questions and helped. Of all the research that I did, this stroller seemed to work the best for us (and for the price). Let me know if you have anymore questions!

    ReplyDelete