Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014 Part I

For Christmas Eve and Day my parents came into town to celebrate with us!  It's a tradition now for "Santa" to visit us Christmas Eve and if the kids hear his bells while they're sleeping they're aloud to come down to the bottom of the steps and peak at the back of Santa while he puts presents out!  It's awesome to see the wonder in their eyes and the belief!

We attempted to do something different with their gifts this year and that was to somewhat follow the "something they want, something they need, something they wear and something they wear" gift idea.  We tweaked it a little and replaced the something they read with a game and something they need with a fine motor skill activity like playdough, kinetic sand, etc.  I really liked scaling it down this year and keeping it simple with their gifts.  Of course this doesn't mean that they still weren't spoiled by "Santa".










It was Mommy's turn next...Joe always takes all four kids to the store and lets them pick out presents for me.  It's awesome to see what they "think" I'll like!

Gavin picked out Wonder Woman PJ's for me!


Ava always likes to pick out a super soft blanket for me!
Emma picked out a Jillian Michaels workout DVD for me (what's she trying to say)?!
Joe's "big gift" to me was this...I know, sad I get excited about these sort of things! I'll let you know how it works!

Mine and Joe's phones both died in the last few weeks (they were REALLY old) so Mom and Dad got us new ones!

Joe enjoyed opening his gifts to include a new sweater and a new Dewalt Drill!!!



The kids got really excited to get dressed up and head to the Children's ER to deliver some goodies to the nurses and doctors that were working that day as well as some Military Police working the security gates.




With Meme and Poppy!
It was a wonderful Christmas this year having the family together.  The kids are starting to really understand the meaning of giving and enjoying helping to make others less fortunate happy!  I'm excited to see what we can do next year to continue instilling the power of giving!

Loaded the car up with new and used toys and clothes and donated them to the Falcon Children's Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment