Sunday, August 28, 2011

Gomes/Skeffington Wedding

"On the road again"...we had the privilege of being a part of Rich and Katie's special day over the weekend in Syracuse, NY.  Joe was a groomsmen to Rich, who was a childhood friend growing up.  It's actually funny because the first time all of us met Katie was at mine and Joe's wedding in 2008 and now here they are getting married!  They are an amazing couple that make an extroidinary couple!  We headed up there on Thursday for the rehearsal dinner and brought Jen along with us to help out with the babies (thank goodness)!
The groomsmen and the groom (Jeff, Joe, Zach, Rich)

Kristen and I with the bride-to-be

Sweetness....
On Friday while the guys were doing their groomsmen thing, Kristen, Jen and I ventured out into Syracuse with all three babies to the New York State Fair.  It was huge!  We got to see lots of animals and have some fried dough while we were there.  I have to say I preferred the Rhinebeck Fair though. 

Watching the sheep get groomed!
The wedding was being held at the hotel that we stayed at which was very convenient with the babies.  After I helped Jen feed them dinner I had some time to get ready and head to the festivities with Kristen while Jen put them to bed.  They did great both nights...no fussing!!! I think they're finally getting used to traveling and hotels which makes life a lot easier!  The ceremony and reception were beautiful and Katie (and Rich) looked stunning. 

Mr. and Mrs. Gomes

Me and Kristen, of course in front of the cake!

The first dance!

With the beautiful bride!

Of course we had to take one of these pictures...

...and I guess a "serious" one too!

The Cold Spring groomsmen with the groom!
We got on the road nice and early Saturday morning in order to beat Hurricane Irene and made it in three hours thank goodness!!! Thanks for such a beautiful wedding and including us in your special day Rich and Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment