The first thing was getting rid of formula and drinking whole milk. We mixed half formula and half whole milk in their bottles for a week to see how they reacted. Ava spit up a little bit the first few days but did fine afterwards so we transitioned to full bottles of milk.
| Formula $25/can times 3/week |
vs
| Milk $2.88/gallon times 3/week |
The next thing was tossing the bottles and bringing in the sippy cups! This was another great one! We started around 8 months introducing cups while they were in their highchairs with water. Then at 12 months we started putting milk in them and the transition was a piece of cake because they had been exposed to the cups for so long. One day we decided to get rid of the bottles and give them sippy cups with milk at every meal/snack and water in another set of cups throughout the day. There haven't been any issues without bottles! It is so much easier when we go out and can take the cups with us! A must to go along with sippy cups by the way are the straps for them when your child enters the "throwing" stage!! They attach to anything!
| Bottles |
vs
| Sippy Cups!! |
Last, we've turned their carseats around!! This was really exciting because now we get to look at their sweet little faces! They can also see the DVD players that we had installed in the back of the head rests for those long road trips.
| Facing forward! |
I can't believe how fast they're growing up...anyone have suggestions on how to slow it down!?
You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for quite some time since I found it from Kate's (Luke and Kate) site. I have identical twin boys (born 8 weeks early on 2/23/10; one named Gavin:)) and find myself relating to SO MUCH you write about....mainly the chaos. Anyway, would love to know where you got the sippy cup straps! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th:)
ReplyDeleteKrissy
Hi Krissy! I'm so glad you are able to relate to the blog...followers like you are what make me keep blogging! Congratulations on your twins and of course I LOVE the name! I actually got one set of the straps from Babies R Us and another set from Amazon. I keep one set on the carseats and the others I keep in the diaper bag to use on the strollers or their choo choo wagon. Good luck with everything!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! I will be searching for the straps tonight. I've shared your blog with a dear friend of mine currently in the hospital awaiting the arrival of her triplets (also 2 boys and a girl). She's made it 33 weeks and 4 days so far - amazing! - and is still going strong. Learning about your life makes it a reality that she and her husband CAN do this:)
ReplyDelete