Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feelin' My Age!

Over the weekend we loaded up the car with the crew and headed down to Virginia Beach so I could get my butt kicked in the 1st Annual Virginia Wesleyan Field Hockey Alumni Game!  We had the opportunity to play on the National Training Turf Field that the National hockey team uses.  We played five games against other colleges as well as the current team at Virginia Wesleyan.  Considering half of us there hadn't played "real hockey" since between 4-7 years ago I think we did pretty well!  At first as I was hitting the ball around on the field I thought "oh, this isn't bad...I don't feel so old".  But then after the third game I found myself getting stuck in the squatting over position because the pain in my back reminded me of when I was carrying three babies inside of me!  With each game after that my body became more and more stiff and it has definitely hit it's climax 48 hours later (today).  Despite the pain I had so much fun seeing all of my old teammates all day and into the night when we all met out for dinner and drinks. 
Back in the day (way back) my senior year at VWC
VWC Field Hockey Team 2003

Much more current!  Me and Kristen after a couple games!

1st Annual VWC Field Hockey Alumni Game 2011

Chrissy, my "little sis" and the best team captain buddy you could have, Jackie!
My very own cheerleaders!

Gavin

Ava...minus pants

Brayden
After party with Megan and Meggan!

Nice sunburn right!
The girls

Rick said he was laughing...I think he's straining!

Always a good time!
Had such a great weekend seeing and playing with everyone!  Already looking forward to next year...but until then, my butt's in the gym every day (once I can walk again)!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures!!!! You are definitely NOT looking your age my dear. I've never seen a woman with triplets (under a year old I might add) look as good as you do, probably because there is no one who looks better than you do. You look amazing my dear! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete