Guilt...did I give them enough attention in the hours that I did have with them before school started or did I focus too much on disciplining them and trying to keep my sanity?
Fear...those mean kids that are going to break our sweet kids hearts! I know the kids are going to come home from now until the day they get married (and beyond) about people hurting their feelings and breaking their hearts and I'm going to have to control my Mama Bear instincts!
Trust...being a prior elementary teacher BEFORE having children I often wonder did I earn the parents trust in me to take care of their precious cargo. Letting go and entrusting these "other adults" with the loves of your life is a really hard thing to do. Are they going to hug them enough when they're sad during the day? Are they going to understand their needs? Are they going to be their Mom/Dad from 7:45 to 2:25?
Success/Failure...Joe and I have worked really hard to raise our children to being kind, hard working, compassionate children and this is the test of whether or not we succeeded in doing that as they face challenges among other children and adults.
Of course it took Joe to make me understand that all of these emotions are completely normal and that the parenting is just starting to get "fun" as the kids come home with different situations allowing us to really parent now! And it took my Mother telling me that Joe and I have the only thing needed to be successful as parents and that is passion. If you are passionate as a parent then you are providing your child with everything they need to be successful adults in our crazy world...fear that they can overcome, trust in others, a conscience and success!
So I say to those Moms and Dads out there feeling the same emotions as me, you did AWESOME! Have faith in your parenting and know that you have been passionate in raising your beautiful children and have set them up to have an amazing life full of love! And now enjoy a couple hours to yourself and enjoy a Starbucks!!!
Here are a few pictures highlighting our First Day of KINDERGARTEN!
| Read to be organized for 4 different teachers! |
| Their school requires uniforms! |
| Brayden looking for his cubby |
| Found his seat |
| Gavin already hard at work! |
Brayden was a little nervous and I'm sure a little overwhelmed as he likes things in order and very rigid. Ava cried as I walked out but Daddy was there to wipe the tears away! And Gavin was already making a friend with a little boy sitting next to him as we were leaving! I pick them up in 58 minutes so we'll see how it went for them!
Hope your precious ones have wonderful adventures this school year!
ReplyDelete