It's amazing what kids will do for play dough though. As soon as the teacher handed her a container of it, she walked right into the classroom and didn't look back!
Then I drove straight to these stores and spend some money on things I probably didn't need (with the exception of a new Easter wreath, table runner, socks and hairbows)!
The last thing before picking the kids up was to sit in my car with no interruptions, no sharing and consume one of these!
There it is...a day in the life of a Mom of four without the kids for 3 hours! Pretty pathetic huh? And you ask how Emma's day at school was...the teachers said she was awesome and had a perfect day! Proud Mommy and Daddy moment when they told us that! Especially since we tend to see a different side of our strong willed, outspoken, relentless 2 year old that we wouldn't have any other way!
Then, this came home in the trio's folders...
...and completely crushed me! This cannot be happening already! KINDERGARTEN! Not yet! As nice as it was to have those few hours this morning to wander the aisles of my happy places and devour a Snickers bar in less than 3.5 seconds, I cannot even think about the day that all of our children will be away from me all day long! It's true when they say it happens so fast and to cherish every minute of it! So until then, I'll gladly share my food with them, pick up goldfish in the aisles at the store as Emma drops them from the cart and jam out to the Disney channel in the car because one day I'll have to force them to tell me about their school day, eat a meal with me and want to shop with me!
Please slow down life!






No comments:
Post a Comment