One of the most popular questions that I get asked is "what type of stroller do you have"? This was one of the first things Joe and I thought about when we found out we were having triplets (after we picked ourselves up off the floor)! After a lot of research we went with two options. We went with a regular double stroller and matching single stroller for those places such as the mall that don't make very wide doorways (ummm...hello, multiples are becoming much more common these days, get with it) and because they were the only ones that would fit our infant carriers. The second option we went with was a side by side triple jogging stroller. I knew this would be a great investment because I wanted to immediately begin walking the neighborhood once all 3 babies were home from the NICU. So every morning I would load them up and tackle those hills.
 |
| This is how we roll! |
So I didn't realize how much attention I had gained until recently when I went to a neighbor's baby shower last weekend. I only knew 2 of the wives there since I'm the "newbie" around here (and I never leave the house). But I began to see a trend when every person I introduced myself to (without saying "mom of triplets") knew exactly who I was based on the name "Luchetta". Their immediate response would be "oh, you're the one that pushes that big stroller all over the place". Haha! I couldn't help but laugh every time. The second encounter was with a local seamstress/wife whom I've been working with in making the babies first birthday outfits. In the original email that I sent her I wrote "I don't know if you remember me"... (I had purchased bows from her before) Her reply to me was "how could I not remember you! You have triplets AND you push that giant stroller up the huge hills every day"!
So that's what I'm known for around here..."the crazy lady that never leaves her house except to push this abnormally large stroller with 3 screaming (usually at the end of the walk) babies up and down the huge West Point hills every day"! But ya know for some weird reason, I'm okay with being known for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment