Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Toy!

I'm sure any of you that have children have experienced the excitement when baby food is on sale at the store because it is normally quite expensive!  Well even with those sales it adds up to be a ridiculous amount of money when you're feeding three 7 month old mouths!  So I decided to make our baby food!  With this though came lots of opinion based on experience (thank you) and research by Mom and me on the right equipment to use!  I also used a great book given by Rick and Megan with some good recipes (definitely recommend).

So guess what I got for Christmas from my parents this year?  YUP a 19 cup food processor and a 2 tier steamer! Never did I think the day would come that I would be this excited to get a food processor and steamer as a gift! 

My setup:

So we buy some veges and fruits frozen depending on the time of year and we steam everything first.  Then it goes in the food processor and is pureed.  Next I scoop it into cubed food trays and freeze it.  Once it's frozen the already measured (1 oz or 2 oz) cubes go into a labeled zip loc bag.  When it's time to eat all we have to do is take out the amount of cubes we want, microwave them to thaw them out and then add cereal.  So far the babies have liked everything and we've started doing combinations of cubes to make it more fun!





Can you tell by their faces how much they like it?


No comments:

Post a Comment