Well we survived our first trip to Virginia Beach! It was quite the adventure with 3 babies, 2 dogs and no husband! That's right! Joe was in Atlantic City for Rick's bachelor party and I went to VB for Megan's bridal shower and bachelorette party. Thankfully my mother flew in the day before and drove down with me as well as back to NY; otherwise, there was no way I could make the 7 hour drive by myself! The trip back to NY wasn't bad at all but going there was full of events! Of course it decided to rain the entire time all the way down the coast so normally we would have let the dogs play beside the car while we fed and changed the babies in the back of the car but since it was raining I had to climb in the back with the dogs and hold 2 bottles while my mother fed another baby in the front seat. Not only were the dogs in the back but a box full of black and white cookies for the bridal shower covered half of the back as well! So when it came down to changing diapers needless to say I had to change the babies on top of the cookie box...sorry Megan! But don't worry I had a towel down! I'm sure anyone that was watching us found it quite humorous when they kept seeing mom and I passing babies back and forth over top of the seats for feedings, burping, and changing! At the time we found it very stressful but I have to say it was pretty funny when I look back at it!
So we survived the trip there and I had a blast at Megan's festivities...was in bed at 11 from the bachelorette party since I had to get up at 12 for Brayden's first feeding but responsibilities come into play in situations like that!! Of course I tell Joe he owes me since he got to stay out until 4 am!!! All I need is a day at the spa and we should be equal!
 |
| Katie and I getting ready for the night! |
 |
| In the limo |
 |
| At dinner |
 |
| Megan and I |
 |
| It's not a bachelorette party without ring pops! |
 |
| Loading up the limo! |
 |
| Wesleyan girls at Megan's bridal shower |
When we got to VA the first thing we did was get the babies undressed and give them some time to stretch before baths. We ended up with some super cute pictures from it!
 |
| Poor Gavin was so tired he fell asleep between Poppy's feet! |
No comments:
Post a Comment