Tuesday, April 13, 2010

26 Weeks and 4 Days!

Just got back from our weekly doctors appointment!  Just a quick update...last Friday we had to make a trip to Labor and Delivery because I was having mild contractions.  They quickly put me on a monitor and indeed I was contracting every 2-4 minutes!  This is normal for those with multiples because though I was only 26 weeks at the time my uterus is the size of someone that is 39 weeks so my body thinks it's time to have the baby and begin contracting!  They gave me an IV for about 2 hours because they also said I was dehydrated as well as a steroid shot for the babies lungs just in case they end up being born early and an injection that ended up stopping the contracting.   The docs said my cervix still looks wonderful though so no worries there!  I have an oral version of the injection to stop contractions so now I just take that if I feel them at all. 

I will admit that it's getting very tough now with this extra weight in the front.  The back pain is really bad and I'm even beginning to waddle! The babies have shifted around now so I know that's what's causing a lot of the discomfort but I'm taking it easy and loading up on my fluids.  I no longer have any ankle bones from the swelling but the nurse said that as long as I can feel the bones everything is still okay.  The babies look beautiful on the ultrasound and they're growing at the same rate as a single baby for now. 

So after today's appointment the doctors are still confident that I can make it to around 32-34 weeks.  All of my blood tests came back negative and I had a glucose check today.  I'm in the clear to drive to Virginia Beach this weekend for our first baby shower!!  Woohoo!

Sleeping has become quite uncomfortable so Joe has figured out a way, for now, for me to sleep.  Here's a picture of the "beached whale" and how I am sleeping at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment