I know it's been a long time since I have posted an update on here but as many of you know it has been a bit crazy for us lately! So since Halloween we have learned that we will be adding three new Luchetta's to our family this summer! That's right we're having TRIPLETS as I'm sure word has already gotten around! Many of you say, "WOW, do twins or triplets run in your family?" The answer is "NO!" As Joe and I have learned in the past two years, many couples face the challenge of fertility problems and unfortunately we were one of those couples. So since March of 2009 Joe and I have been to two fertility specialists beginning in North Carolina and after numerous testing, have learned that I suffer from unexplained infertility. We had to endure many different procedures without success until finally we found something that worked REALLY WELL APPARENTLY!! Luckily, we did NOT have to go through IVF and had a positive pregnancy test after going through hormone injections followed with IUI. I'm sure you're wondering why it's necessary to know all of this detailed information but I feel that everyone that is a part of our life should know how special these babies are and that all of you have the opportunity to have a special connection to them knowing what it took for them to be a part of this world. We have truly been blessed with not one but three little angels and cannot wait for you to be involved in their lives.
So we're finally through our first trimester and will be 14 weeks this Friday! I can't believe we're already into the second trimester! It is common to deliver triplets earlier than a single child so the doctors say I could deliver anytime between 32 weeks and 35 weeks (hopefully longer) which will be from the end of May until the middle of June. None of the babies are identical, which is good because they're not fighting each other to share food, and they're all growing at the same rate right now! The doctor says that as healthy as I am and as perfect as everything is looking there is no reason that I can't carry until at least 34 weeks as long as that belly can stretch a lot! Joe and I have decided that the best thing would be for us to move up to West Point at the beginning of May rather than waiting until the end so the Army is working with us to get a house early on post to give us time to get settled in before the babies come home.
With all of that said I have posted some pictures of the babies! Keep checking back as I will be posting updated ultrasound pictures hopefully with news about the genders soon!
The three little peas at 9 weeks!
Baby A
Baby B
Baby C




No comments:
Post a Comment